Project: Roy Hill Port Facility Package 4 Electrical and Instrumentation Installation works
Client: McConnell Dowell
Location: Port Hedland, Western Australia
Duration: November 2014 - June 2015
McConnell Dowell have awarded Electrix Pty Ltd the Electrical and Installation sub-contract for the Roy Hill Port Facility Package 4 project in Port Hedland, Western Australia.
The 55 million tonne per annum (Mtpa) Roy Hill Project is the most recent iron ore mining, rail & port project to be developed in the Pilbara region of Western Australia. It is a world-class, low phosphorus, Marra Mamba iron ore deposit situated approximately 115 kilometres north of Newman.
The scope of work includes:-
- HV and LV Cabling and Terminations;
- Instrument and Communications Cabling and Terminations;
- Small Power and Lighting Cabling and Terminations;
- Installation of Free Issue Cathodic Protection Cabling and Terminations;
- Earth Grid and Earth Cabling and Terminations;
- Cable Supports, Racking and Conduits;
- Electrical Field Distribution Boards;
- Install Free Issued PLC Field I/O Panels, Condition Monitoring Panels, Security and CCTV Panels;
- Install Free Issued CCTV Cameras, Poles and Cabling;
- Install and Commission Conveyor Monitoring System and Associated Equipment;
- Installation of Transformers, including assembly of Neutral Earthing Resistance (NER);
- Commissioning of Complete Electrical and Instrumentation Installation;
- Shiploader Electrical Installation Works and Commissioning Assistance.
Early works are already underway with the project expected to achieve Substantial Completion by June 2015.
The project continues to build on our strong relationship and history with McConnell Dowell
Download Project PDF